Tuesday, July 27, 2010

St. Anne

In the Catholic world, you're given the name of a saint at your baptism. For people like Joe, it's easy. His saint's name is his given name, St. Joseph. For people named Melody, not so easy. But much more fun. This past Easter during my confirmation I got to pick my own saint. I went with St. Anne. Because:
1. That's my middle name.
2. My middle name is named after my grandmother.
3. St. Anne is actually Jesus' grandmother.
Jesus & I's grandmothers have the same first name. I like that. And if you know me well, you'll know just how much my grandmother means to me. She raised me. Fed me. Clothed me. Dropped me off at Southern Fulton in the mornings so I didn't have to ride the icky bus. Helped me organize all my Tupperware containers when I got shipped off to college. Nothing short of everything.
St. Anne's Feast Day was this past Monday, July 26 so it was a celebration for me. Sort of like a second birthday. And with second birthdays come gifts. Which I love. And if you're lucky enough to have an amazing husband like me, you get a really good gift (Sex & the City box set) wrapped all up nice and tidy with a lovely card.

1 comment:

Faye said...

GREAT POST!!! HAPPY ST. ANNE DAY!