Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Risotto Queen

I didn't know if any of y'all knew but ... my alias is actually Melody.
Because my real God-intended name is Risotto Queen.
At least that's what I call myself as I'm stirring this arborio rice treat.
It takes skills, believe me.  And time.  And biceps.
It's constantly stirring ladles of warmed chicken broth into a pan of the rice mixture for up to an hour.
There's no 'just add 4 cups of water to 1 cup of rice' easy stuff.
It's much more labor-intensive than that.  And I have mastered it.

The best feeling in the world is to say, 'I'm making risotto tonight.'
And to have my family (Joe) release a big, 'YES!'
It's nice knowing that one of my dishes is one of his favorites. 

3 comments:

Faye said...

get it girl!! that looks delicious!!!

Robin said...

mmmm! We're on our way! Is it still warm?

Perpetual Blind Date said...

I have tried Risotto before but it used goat cheese and I wasnt a fan. Yours looks much better