Friday, July 1, 2011

Love

On a recent shopping excursion with my dear friend Lisa to one of our favorite beach boutiques, I purchased a simple yellow gold necklace with a disc charm that was inscribed with the word 'LOVE'.  Because frankly that's all I'm feeling these days.  I feel so much unwavering love from Joe.  I feel this warm settling energy inside which I'm taking as love from Baby Madzar.  And then there's all of our amazing friends and family who have shown so much support, so much LOVE.

There's the countless words of encouragement and advice.  It seems as though everyone is coming around us and is eager to help us in any way they can.  I guess the saying 'it takes a village' stands true.  And that village has come to our aid much earlier and much bigger than I ever expected.

I've already received boxes and boxes of maternity clothes from my mom and Lisa (dear friend mentioned above).  We have seriously been spared thousands of dollars in this department.  Then Baby Madzar already has a start on their wardrobe and book collection.  Apparently, unbeknownst to us, people have been buying us baby accessories since we got married a year ago.  And come this past Father's Day, Joe received quite an array of the sweetest Father's Day cards and gifts.  We are basically swimming in love.

Countless phone calls, emails, and packages.  Nursery furnishings. Volunteer for the christening outfit.  Future babysitters.  Beginnings of baby's college fund.  Baby shower talk commencing.  Family heirlooms being passed down to Babe.  People close to our hearts already making plans to visit us before and after the baby arrives.  Meals.  Pregnancy books.  Prayers.  Oh, and love.  Lots of LOVE.
P.S. Happy 4th of July, everyone.  Have a fun and safe weekend.  Share the Stars & Stripes LOVE.

1 comment:

Faye said...

I LOVE this post!! Kisses!