Friday, February 7, 2014

Think Robert Frost

Our first few months in Lakes Region, New Hampshire have been nothing short of incredible.  First is the town, a quaint spot on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee.  It is a picturesque, New England lake town.  Think Robert Frost.  From our house you can take a short walk on the old railroad tracks to downtown.  Mom/Pop shops line Main Street.  A short stroll can lead you to a crepe eatery or art gallery or ski shop, all locally-owned. 

Second are the people.  Don't get me wrong, the southern sweethearts we left in NC will always hold a special place in my heart.  But there is something comforting and real about New England folk.  I have made some great, fast friends.  And so has Emilija.  When we originally arrived I made it a priority for the two of us to meet as many people and do as many activities as possible.   My ambition proved successful and it has made the move that much sweeter for us.

Third is the proximity to family.  Every Monday after gymnastics class, E and I head a little south to visit Joe's mom.  Seeing her weekly may be one of the greatest gifts I could ever give Emilija or myself.  She is a mom's mom and knows how to take care of us in more ways than one.  Then we also get to see the Bless' monthly.  I've mentioned before but don't mind saying again, my greatest confidant growing up was my cousin.  Being in NH and so close to E's aunt, uncle, and cousin is a priceless reward.  And last but definitely not least being with Vlado, E's Dida, day in and day out is truly a blessing.  For years to come, I think we will always look back and treasure the time we have had together.

The puzzle pieces have really fit together.  I could not be happier with our decision.  I love that we jumped in headfirst and feel like we came out on top.  Our quality of life has improved so much and I feel the happiness and positiveness soaring through our household.  I have enjoyed the beginning of this next phase of our life so much.

No comments: