Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Blooming Bush

My Nana shared this story with me and my girlfriends last weekend.  
I cried.  
I hope it does the same for you.

"Your Aunt Caroline gave me a blue hydrangea bush several years ago.  I planted it out back by the steps and have eagerly watched it for three or fours years waiting for it to bloom.  It grew and flourished green in color but never a blue blossom to be seen.  I restlessly told Ray, 'When that blue hydrangea bush blooms, I'm throwing a party!'  So on the day of your sonogram I looked out our back window and the hydrangea bush caught my eye.  It had finally bloomed!  I was thrilled.  But to my surprise there was not a blue hydrangea bloom on the bush.  It was a beautiful PINK one.  I took a picture, clipped the bloom off to put it in a vase, and called two couples over to have a dinner party!"

I'm pretty sure Mini Madzar & God had a hand in that blossoming hydrangea bush.  
How perfect.

2 comments:

Perpetual Blind Date said...

what a cool story - I cant wait to see that baby of yours!

Team Faircloth said...

This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever heard. Isn't God awesome? I love your blog. It is so warm and funny! Melody, I am so happy for you guys. A baby is the most precious gift God gives us! It is a life changing experience that is truly a miracle. Enjoy it!